We know, there’s still snow on the ground in April, but spring is coming! It’s time to get your hot tub ready.
Warm days are coming, and it will soon be warm enough to drain your hot tub. This means it time to get it refreshed for spring soaking. Now is the perfect time to check the condition of your spa and cover and take these steps to rejuvenate it after the cold winter months.
Tips to Get Your Hot Tub Ready
- Drain your hot tub. Do this by unscrewing the drain plug generally located at the base of the hot tub. If the plug is’nt convenient to reach because of decking or the location of the spa, you can use a cover pump to get the job done.
- Once the spa is thoroughly drained, clean the interior and exterior of the spa with a non-abrasive product such as BioGuard’s Off the Wall surface cleaner. This product has been reformulated this year with triple-action active ingredients that are better at removing organic soil and scale. The redesigned bottle shape has proven to be effective at treating hard-to-reach areas. Use a soft cloth to apply and, as always, be sure to rinse off any remaining residue. Need chemicals? In celebration of our 60th Anniversary, when you spend $60 on spa chemicals, you’ll receive a FREE mineral cartridge at any of our store locations.
- Remove the filters and clean the filter cavity. Soak the filters in a bucket with a 3-1 concentration of Spa Filter Cleaner/Degreaser for at least 30 minutes. You may also spray the filters with a hose (not a high-pressure washer) and then spray the degreaser directly on the filters. Be sure to rinse them thoroughly to avoid soapy, foamy water when you put them back in. If you need to replace any cartridge filters, take advantage of another 60th Anniversary special – buy 2 filters and get the 3rd filter at 60% off through April 30, 2018, at Arvidson Pools & Spas.
- This is also the best time to replace the Silver Ion Cartridge. “A Silver Ion Cartridge helps kill bacteria in your spa and allows you to use less chlorine,” says Arvidson Pools & Spas Retail Division Manager, Nadine Nuzzo
Tips to Get Your Spa Cover Ready
- Check the condition of your spa cover. Are there any rips in the vinyl? Is it extremely heavy and water-logged? Is the cover dry and brittle? “We normally recommend replacing your cover every 3-5 years based on the factors above. Keep in mind that it can take 4-6 weeks for covers to arrive from the manufacturer,” said Dan Arvidson, VP of Operations at Arvidson Pools & Spas. Need a new cover? Take advantage of our Spring special – get $100 OFF your new cover through April 30, 2018 (Cash & Carry only). Call Arvidson Pools & Spas at (815) 459-0660 to ensure you are ordering the right size for your hot tub.
- Use a vinyl conditioner on the cover like Cover Shield. This helps to prevent drying and cracking and also helps restore the vinyl to its pre-winter state.
Test Your Water
Bring a water sample into any of our three Arvidson Pools & Spas store locations for an accurate analysis of your fill water. We’ll run a computerized analysis and provide you with a printed summary of the spa chemicals you need. You’ll soon be on your way to balance water that’s ready for soaking.
You are now ready to enjoy beautiful nights soaking in the swirling, warm water of your hot tub! You’ll appreciate the starry nights ahead while relaxing with friends and family.
If you are short on time or just prefer someone else take care of this, Arvidson Pools & Spas can do it for you! Visit our website and take advantage of our Spring Drain, Clean & Refill Special – Normally $250, now $225, plus a FREE Silver Ion Cartridge ($20 value). Offer good through April 30, 2018. Call the Arvidson Pools & Spas Service Department at (815) 459-0660 to book your appointment today.