It’s a good time to check the condition of your spa and cover, and take some steps to rejuvenate it after the cold winter months. In this article, we look at spring hot tub maintenance and share a special offer with you below!
Graduations, Mother’s Day and Memorial Day weekend are just a few of the things that make spring special. If you own a hot tub, you’d probably add soaking in warm water on cool spring nights to this list, too.
April is a great month to get your hot tub ready for the spring and summer enjoyment. Follow these steps to ensure a hot tub that will be ready for soaking all season long. Let’s look at spring hot tub maintenance.
- Drain your hot tub. You can easily do this by unscrewing the drain plug generally located at the base of the hot tub. If the plug is not convenient to reach because of decking or the location of the spa, you can also use a sump pump to get the job done.
- Once the spa is thoroughly drained, you’ll want to clean the interior and exterior of the spa with a non-abrasive product such as BioGuard’s Off the Wall surface cleaner. Use a soft cloth and be sure to rinse off any remaining residue. Need chemicals? Take advantage of the 15 % savings on chemicals through May 31, 2016.
- Remove the filters and clean the filter cavity. Soak the filters in bucket with a 3-1 concentration of Spa Filter Cleaner/Degreaser for at least 30 minutes. You may also spray the filters with a hose (not a high pressure washer) and then spray the degreaser directly on the filters. Be sure to rinse them thoroughly to avoid soapy, foamy water when you put them back in. If you need to replace any cartridge filters, take advantage of the 15 % savings on filters through May 31, 2016.
- This is also the best time to replace the Silver Ion Cartridge. “A Silver Ion Cartridge helps kill bacteria in your spa and allows you to use less chlorine, said Arvidson Retail Division Manager, Nadine Nuzzo.
- Check your spa cover’s condition. Are there any rips in the vinyl? Is it extremely heavy and water-logged? Is the cover dry and brittle? “We normally recommend replacing your cover every 3-5 years based on the factors above. Keep in mind that it can take 4-6 weeks for covers to arrive from the manufacturer,” said Dan Arvidson, VP of Operations. Need a new cover? Take advantage of our special – get $100 OFF your new Hot Spring brand cover through May 31, 2016.
- Use a vinyl conditioner on the cover like Cover Shield. This will help it survive the frigid, winter temperatures.
- Bring a water sample into any of our three locations for an accurate analysis of your fill water and we’ll provide a printed summary of the spa chemicals you’ll need to get your water balanced and ready for soaking.
You are now ready to enjoy beautiful nights soaking in the swirling, warm water of your hot tub all season long! You’ll appreciate the starry nights ahead while relaxing with friends and family members.
If you are short on time or just prefer to have someone else take care of this, Arvidson Pools & Spas can do it for you!
Keep your spa running efficiently and economically with a genuine Hot Spring® brand cover. An exclusive vapor seal and high-density foam core lock in precious heat, so Hot Spring brand covers help keep your spa operating efficiently. Never settle for less than the best!
- Mention you saw this on our website and receive $100 OFF your new Hot Spring brand cover! (Cash & Carry Only).
- Also receive 15 % savings on Filters and Chemicals Offer Expires 5/31/16