This year has seen much change, and we’re still navigating this “new normal” in our own personal lives. Spending more time at home has been a reality for everyone. This might be a new remote work experience or simply limiting time spent out in public.
In this article, we look at how to take your wellness from the water during COVID-19 and beyond.
Change is Stressful
In fact, the CDC acknowledges that “fear and anxiety about a new disease and what could happen can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Public health actions, such as social distancing, can make people feel isolated and lonely and can increase stress and anxiety.”
In addressing these emotions, the CDC encourages healthy habits that include:
- Taking care of your body – eat healthy, exercise, get plenty of sleep, meditate, avoid alcohol and drug use.
- Making time to unwind.
- Connecting with others.
Add a Hot Tub for Wellness Benefits
Adding a hot tub to your home can help you achieve the wellness benefits you need to stay healthy, calm, and refreshed. Here are just a few of the many health benefits delivered by soaking in hot water:
- Reduces Stress – Soaking in a hot tub can help your body rest and help your mind escape from daily stressors. Hot tub jets can also help to alleviate tension that has built up in the neck, shoulders and back as a result of stress.
- Relieves Sore Muscles – Warm water loosens muscles before a workout or soothes them afterward. As part of your effort to alleviate sore muscles, consider hopping in a hot tub after a day of activity or incorporating a soak into your workout routine.
- Improves Sleep – Some studies suggest that soaking in hot water can facilitate the transition into a deeper sleep by reducing tension and stress, helping you sleep better and feel better when you wake up. Disconnecting from the world and spending time in a hot tub or hot bath prior to going to sleep also helps separate the day’s activities from the night of rest ahead.
- Quality Social Time – Social interaction is critical for our mental health, but it can be difficult to find quality time with loved ones. The absence of smartphones and digital devices opens the door to conversation and allows you to make the human connections that are so critical for our emotional well-being.
- Releases Toxins – Soaking in warm water causes our body temperature to increase and blood vessels to dilate. This improves circulation, pumping more nutrients and oxygen throughout our bodies while displacing toxins in areas of weaker flow. As the body regulates its internal temperature, our pores release moisture that carries away internal chemical waste. In this way, soaking in hot water helps reduce toxins and brings benefits to your entire body.
Caldera Spas Gives Wellness from the Water
Check out this video from Caldera Spas. It outlines why we should all take our wellness from the water to reduce stress and achieve better health.
Arvidson Pools & Spas has been proactive in pre-ordering a supply of Caldera hot tubs. Put your name on one of these pre-ordered hot tubs. This way you are in line to receive your hot tub at the earliest possible opportunity. In addition, you can save 20% or get 60-month financing (with approved credit) on a new hot tub purchased in 2020.
There’s never been a better time than now to take your wellness from the water. Reclaim your health and begin your wellness journey in a Caldera Spas hot tub from Arvidson Pools & Spas. Our hot tub experts offer in-store or virtual consultations to help you find the perfect hot tub. Call, stop in, or send us an email at [email protected]